Did you know that Almond Joys have 25 ingredients?! Even more surprising is that that the first ingredient is NOT almonds, chocolate or coconut – the first ingredient is corn syrup! That means there’s more corn syrup in an Almond Joy than any other ingredient!
If you’re craving that Almond Joy flavor you’ll love these 6 ingredient treats. They’re easy to make and once the dough is made you can enlist your kiddos to help roll the balls and cover them in coconut.
Almond Joy BallsPrint
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 20 raw almonds to place on top of each ball
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (divided)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 Tbsp water
- Place the 2 cups of almonds in a food processor and grind into fine crumbs.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut flakes, dates, cacao and vanilla extract into the food processor and process until no large chunks remain.
- Remove mixture from food processor, place in a medium bowl and add 4 tablespoons of water. Mix together. You want the consistency to be sticky. If it's too crumbly, add an additional tablespoon of water and mix.
- Place remaining coconut flakes in a food processor and process until it is snow consistency. Pour coconut powder onto a plate.
- Scoop about 2 T of the mixture from the medium bowl into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball.
- Next, roll ball into coconut powder and then press one almond into the top of each ball.
- Continue until all of the mixture in the medium bowl is gone.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or the freezer for 20 minutes prior to serving.
Thank you for sharing this recipe on Pinterest!