A mix of healthful ingredients come together to create a tasty treat. Quinoa, chia and oats = lots of filling fiber. Pure maple syrup = sweetness. Peanuts and dark chocolate = YUM!
PB Quinoa Bark is a favorite of peanut butter lovers (myself included). Be sure to always choose sugar-free and oil-free nut butters, which, surprisingly, isn’t the norm. To check that your nut butter isn’t packed full of sugar and oil, simply read the ingredient list. It should only say “peanuts” or “peanuts and salt.” I typically go for the natural Kroger brand, just $1.79!
Tri-Color Quinoa (*Note this is an affiliate link) adds contrast AND, a variety of color means a variety of nutrients! However, any quinoa will work just fine. Stock up as there are tons of ways to put this pseudo grain to use: Quinoa Avocado Garden Salad, One Pan Mexican Quinoa, Quinoa & Edamame Spring Salad, Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili, Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Burger.
Plant-Based Peanut Butter Quinoa Bark
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place almond milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Combine quinoa, oats, peanuts, and chia seeds together in a large bowl.
- Pour wet mixture overtop the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir everything together.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to spread everything out evenly. Press ingredients down so it is evenly spread and packed.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The edges should be a slight golden color. If they are not, bake for an addition 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn to low heat once chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour chocolate overtop the quinoa and spread it out evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes so the chocolate can harden.
- Remove from the freezer. Use a dull knife and/or your hands to break the bark into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or the freezer until ready to serve.
- Green & Black's
- Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate
- 70% and up of Lindt products (70%, 85%, 90% and 99% bars)
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.