- It’s not full of hormones and artery clogging saturated fat.
- Unlike dairy, it’s not associated with asthma, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, breast cancer, bone fractures, digestion issues, Parkinson’s disease, acne and heart disease
- It has endless uses: a sandwich spread, tortilla chip or veggie dip, cooked veggie sauce, loaded potato topping, nacho sauce, pizza topping.. the sky is the limit!
- It taste absolutely amazing.
“Vegan” cheese has always made me cringe. How do they make it taste cheesy? How do they make it yellow? How does it melt just like cheese? How is the consistency just like cheese? How?!? If you’ve ever looked at a vegan cheese label then you can attest that there’s some weird stuff in it. But sometimes we get a craving for that saturated fat and sodium-loaded “thing” we call cheese. Instead of turning to the store-bought vegan cheese, this recipe is the perfect (and healthier) go-to. It’s super quick and easy to whip up, it actually looks and taste like cheese, and you will feel good about eating it.
Better than Cheese Spread & Queso
- Puree cashews in a food processor until smooth and no chunks remain, stopping to scrape the sides as needed..
- Add all ingredients, including 1/4 cup almond milk, and puree into a creamy spread.
- OPTIONAL: Dice and saute jalapeno. For spicier cheese spread use the entire jalapeno and for mild/medium remove the seeds and only use half. Mix jalapeno into the spread.
- Add all ingredients, including 3/4 cup almond milk and puree into a creamy dip. If too thick, add more almond milk, 1 T at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Add additional hot sauce, if desired.
- OPTIONAL: Dice and saute jalapeno. For spicier queso use the entire jalapeno and for mild/medium remove the seeds and only use half. Mix jalapeno into the queso.