I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… there’s no better combo than the chocolate peanut butter combo! Our previous chocolate/PB recipes prove just how strongly we feel about this statement: Chocolate PB Easter Treats, Harvey Bars, Buckeyes, Peanut Butter Quinoa Bark, Loaded Dessert Sweet Potato Fries, Chocolate PB Nicecream, Decadent Chocolate Dip, Chocolate PB Baked Oatmeal.
These 4-Ingredient Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Truffles taste just as delicious as they look. They’re sweetened with dates and the only other ingredients are chocolate, peanut butter and a sprinkle of kosher salt. That’s it!
Dates are a sweet fruit that are most often sold dried (click HERE to learn more about dates). They’re rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals – things that are not often found in processed sweeteners, therefore we recommend utilizing them as a sweetener in dessert recipes. You can find dates at most grocery stores in the bulk section or with the dried fruit. Word of caution, make sure to buy pitted dates as pitting them yourself is a tedious task!
I use this stainless steal melting pot whenever I melt chocolate. It’s much smaller than a typical double boiler, it’s deep enough to hold a good amount of chocolate and best of all, it’s super cheap! *Note this is an affiliate link.
4-Ingredient Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1 8-oz package pitted dates ~1 cup packed
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 8 oz dairy-free chocolate
- kosher salt for topping
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes to soften them. Drain and place them in a food processor along with the peanut butter. Blend until it forms an even and thick consistency, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. If the consistency is too thick for processing, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until you are able to process the dates. Avoid adding too much water as this will make forming the truffles very difficult.
- Place processed mixture in freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from freezer and with your hands portion out about 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls.TIP: Wetting your hands periodically helps prevent the dates from sticking to your hands. Place the date balls on a pan covered with parchment paper. Place the balls back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove top. Remove balls from freezer and drizzle chocolate over the balls and sprinkle kosher salt on top. Place the balls back in the freezer until chocolate has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to a week or freezer up to a month.
- Green & Black’s
- Trader Joe’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate
- 70% and up of Lindt products (70%, 85%, 90% and 99% bars)
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they’re the best choice for you.