Paired with a piece of fruit and handful of nuts, this veggie hummus wrap makes a healthy and portable on-the-go meal. If you’re packing it to eat later in the day, make the wrap and then roll it in aluminum foil. This makes it both durable and easy to eat.
You can use whatever hummus you like in this recipe. For some homemade options, check out some of our favorites: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Black Bean Basil Hummus and Homemade Hummus. Or use an oil-free store-bought option. We like Oasis Mediterranean Cuisine Hummus and Wildwood Natural Foods Lo-fat Hummus.
We recommend sticking with a less processed wrap. This means a sprouted or whole grain and a short ingredient list. Some of our favorites are:
- Alvarado Street Bakery Sprouted Wheat Tortillas
- Amber Farms Carrot, Whole Wheat or Spinach Pasta Wraps
- Cedarlane Foods Fat-free Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Food for Life Sprouted Grain Tortillas
- Whole Foods 365 Organic Fat-free Tortillas
If you make a wrap the night before, it keeps until lunch the next day (refrigerated, of course). However, I do not recommend making these to eat multiple days later. The hummus soaks into the wrap making it soggy. If you’re determined to meal-prep wraps for the week, make sure a less watery veggie is touching the wrap while any watery veggies and the hummus is in the very middle.
Veggie Hummus Wrap
- 1 100% whole grain or sprouted grain tortilla
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1-2 cups chopped veggies spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, onions, carrots, tomatoes, olives
- 1 tsp hot sauce of choice optional
- Spread hummus on the center of the wrap.
- Top with veggies and hot sauce, if using.
- Wrap and enjoy.