Turmeric is a spice that is usually found in Indian foods, specifically curry. Therefore the idea of mixing it with fruit may seem a little bizarre. When I first made this recipe and tasted it my initial thought was that it was a little weird. But after taking a few more sips it grew on me quite a bit. The turmeric flavor goes well with fruit if you let yourself forget the tidbit about curry…sorry I told you that.. Give this recipe a try and tweak it however you like!
A huge bonus is that turmeric has awesome health benefits! Its most famous for fighting inflammation, which is the stem of many chronic diseases. Keep your turmeric on the counter, by your stove, or make it the first thing you see when you open your spice cabinet so you remember to experiment with it!
Plant-Based Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen papaya or try mango instead!
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 carrot or a handful of baby carrots
- Toss all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add more almond milk as needed for a smooth product.