Although hash is technically a breakfast entreé, I refuse to accept that it is worthy of only that. Like veggie burgers, breakfast hash has so much more potential! This particular hash recipe is comprised of sweet potatoes, beans, peppers, jalapeño, onion, and a variety of spices. AND its strongly advised that you top it off with avocado… I’m not sure what more a person could ask for..
Sweet Potato Morning, Noon & Night HashPrint
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add broth or water. Once hot, saute onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño. Cook until vegetables soften. Add small amount of broth or water as needed.
- Add sweet potatoes to skillet.
- Season with garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook sweet potatoes while stirring often until tender. This should take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in black beans.
- (Optional) Transfer veggies to a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. For extra crispness, turn the oven to broil for the last minute. Turn off the oven before carefully removing dish.
- Top with avocado and enjoy!