Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- Create the flax egg (Mix together the ground flaxseed and water. Let sit for ~10 minutes.)
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Use a potato masher or the back of a spoon to mash up the black beans.
- Add the flax egg to the mixture and stir well.
- Form the patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
- From here you can either cook them right away or put the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the patties have completely frozen pop them off the sheet and throw them in a freezer ziplock back. Store them in the freezer and cook them later for a quick, easy, and healthy meal.
- If you are cooking the patties now set your oven to 350° and place the patties in a single layer on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. The longer they bake the firmer they become so if you are serving these as a burger between a bun, it is better to bake them longer.