Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos
If eggs have always been a staple breakfast food for you, scrambled tofu is a great alternative. Add the Mexican flare and you won't notice a difference!Print
- Press liquid out of tofu by wrapping in a towel and placing a heavy plate on top for 10-15 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into non-stick skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, continuously stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add tumeric, cumin and chili powder and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Heat black beans by placing in a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add a small amount of water, if needed.
- Assemble burritos by placing tofu, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa and avocado on tortilla.
Black beans may also be heated by placing in a microwave save bowl and heating on high for 45 seconds. The filling can also be served over a bed of leafy greens. Learn more about turmeric by follow this link!