A simple, oil-free pesto sauce with tons of flavor! This makes a big batch and keeps up to 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s perfect to keep around to build a variety of plant-powered meals.
A few great ways to use this tasty pesto:
- Spread generously on a whole grain pizza crust to replace standard pizza sauce
- Whip up a single-serving pizza in minutes by spreading it on pita bread
- Use it as a dip for fresh veggies
- Spread it on whole grain or sprouted grain bread and top with your favorite veggies to make a sandwich
- Smear it across a whole grain tortilla, top with veggies and roll into a wrap
- Garnish steamed or roasted veggies
- Drizzle over a veggie and grain salad
- Drop a dollop on an Italian-spiced soup
- Use as a sauce for whole grain or bean-based cooked pasta
- Spread on toasted bread as a quick snack
Are there other tasty ways you use pesto? Please share in the comments section!
We used this Food Processor to blend this pesto. (Note this is an affiliate link.)
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 block tofu (8 ounces) firm or extra-firm
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Add all ingredients to food processor, blend until smooth.