This Dark Chocolate Pecan Nut Butter and our Cinnamon Roll Pecan Nut Butter were posted at the request of those who were lucky enough to receive them as a Christmas gift this year. Lexie whipped up multiple batches and received raving reviews!
Homemade nut butters are an easy-to-make homemade gift. What a great alternative to sugar and butter-filled cookies and sweets! Nut butters can be packaged in a jar with a label, and gifted with some juicy pears. We’ve found that pear slices are a perfect match for pecan butter. ??
We’ve also made nut butters from almonds and walnuts. Almonds are a little more grainy, while walnuts have a strong flavor. It’s also an option to combine nuts to achieve the consistency and flavor you’re going for. For this recipe, feel free to use a combination of nuts if that’s what you have on hand. You really can’t go wrong!
We used this food processor (Note this is an affiliate link).
Dark Chocolate Pecan Nut Butter
- Food Processor
- 3 cups pecans, raw, unsalted
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 T pure maple syrup optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pecans on a large baking sheet. Transfer to oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place pecans, cacao, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Process for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Towards the beginning, you may need to stop to scrape down the sides.
- Remove blade or transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Store refrigerated in a sealed container.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.