Are you ready for some football?! Or if you’re like us, you’re just ready for some football food! If so, look no further. We’ve rounded up 20 whole food, plant-based game day grub recipes that are perfect for your Super Bowl watch party. These are some of our favorite recipes to make for get-togethers because they’re always well-received. And we of course included some fried pickles, cauliflower hot wings, nachos, and bean salsa because… football!
Game Day Snacks & Apps
- MILE HIGH PLANT-BASED NACHOS: Loaded with dairy-free queso, tempeh taco meat and all of our favorite plant-based nacho toppings.
- PARTY PLEASER BEAN SALSA WITH HOMEMADE TORTILLA CHIPS: A super-simple bean, corn, tomato and cilantro-filled salsa with a fresh and tasty flavor. It’s a healthy and filling dish made in less than 10 minutes and full of fresh-flavor.
- CREAMY SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP: Warm and creamy plant-based spinach artichoke dip with a cashew base and free of dairy. Simply combine and bake – so easy!
- AIR-FRIED PICKLES WITH DAIRY-FREE RANCH: Pickles coated in a whole wheat flour/flaxseed breading and air fried to golden crisp perfection. Serve with our simple dairy-free ranch.
- CAULIFLOWER HOT WINGS: Cauliflower florets coated in a whole wheat flour/flaxseed breading and air fried to golden crisp perfection and then tossed in homemade hot wing sauce. Serve with our simple dairy-free ranch.
- 1-STEP EDAMAME BASIL HUMMUS & BEAUTIFUL BEET HUMMUS: 2 flavorful and simple hummus recipes great for dipping fresh veggies.
- PICKLE POPCORN: A ridiculously simple, quick, easy recipe that can be accomplished during a commercial break for the perfect savory and crunchy Super Bowl snack.
Game Day Entrees
- BOMB BEET BURGERS: A whole-food, plant-based beet black bean burger for the non-beet lovers. Yes, the patties are purple… No, they don’t taste like beets!
- 1-POT, 2-STEP, 3 BEAN SOUP: A filling, flavorful and healthy 2-step soup you can make over the stove, in a crockpot or in an instant pot.
- PUMPKIN WHITE BEAN PATTIES: A mix of pure pumpkin, white beans, rolled oats and spices come together to make these plant-based patties. Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
- RED BEAN & LENTIL TACOS: A fiber-filled, nutrient-dense, plant-based taco recipe with lentils, red beans, and a burst of Mexican flavor.
- PLANT-BASED FOIL WRAPPED BURRITOS WITH SIMPLE QUESO: Plant-based burritos filled with brown rice, black beans, sauteed veggies and simple homemade dairy-free queso.
- LOADED FAJITA QUESADILLAS: Whole-food, plant-based quesadillas filled with refried beans, homemade dairy-free queso & veggies.
Game Day Desserts
- SAMOA BARS: A sweet chocolate coconut treat sweetened with dates. If you’re a fan of chocolate coconut Samoa Girl Scout cookies, these are a MUST try!
- CINNAMON ROLL BREAD PUDDING: Plant-based cinnamon roll bread pudding dessert, made with cinnamon raisin bread & sweetened naturally with dates and maple syrup.
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MINT BITES: Impress your friends with these tasty double-chocolate mint bites made with chickpeas, dates, oats and sunflower seeds. These bites are fiber-rich with no sugar or oil.
- OATMEAL RAISIN BITES: Whole-food, plant-based oatmeal raisin cookies made with lentils (yes, really!), dates and oats. Sweetened with dates and loaded with filling fiber.
- PEANUT BUTTER QUINOA BARK: The chocolate peanut butter combo gives this dessert an irresistible flavor and the quinoa gives it a satisfying crunch.
- CHOCOLATE COCONUT SNOWBALLS: Bring these 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate snowballs to your Super Bowl gathering for a sweet, fudgy treat. Made with nuts and dates and rolled in coconut.
There you have it, friends! 20 whole food, plant-based, deliciously healthy recipes for your Super Bowl Sunday watching pleasure! Make sure to take a photo of your delicious creations and tag us on social media @whollyplantsblog !