Picnic season is on the horizon people and we’ve got the perfect picnic recipe for you!
Whenever I go on a picnic I always pack fresh veggies. They’re crunchy, bright and bursting with flavor- perfect for a hot sunny day. So in my humble opinion, this is the perfect picnic recipe because it is amazing as a dip with fresh veggies.
Some of our favorite veggies to dip in this spread are..
- Bell Peppers
A dip like this can be especially helpful when you’re trying to eat more veggies or add some veggies that you aren’t particularly fond of. The dip becomes the flavor and the veggie is simply the vehicle for getting it to your mouth. If this dip leads you – or anyone else for that matter – to add more veggies to your plate, you know it’s a winner!
This is delicious on these flax crackers or spread onto some toasted sprouted grain bread.
Plant-Based Chives & Garlic Cashew Dip & Spread
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 Tbsp soy milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp chives
- 1/8 cup garlic minced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp green onions, diced
- Be sure your cashews have soaked for several hours, or ideally overnight. The longer they soak, the creamier your spread will be. After soaking, drain and rinse the cashews.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the soaked cashews, vinegar, salt, onion powder, soy milk, garlic and soy milk. Start to process to break up the cashews. You'll need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides to keep the mixture moving.
- Add more soy milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together into a smooth spread. Be patient as this will take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once its smooth, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the carrots, peppers, green onions and chives. Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the fridge. You can eat it right away, buts its better cold.
- Garnish with chives.
2 thoughts on “Chives & Garlic Cashew Dip & Spread”
Looks delicious! A nice twist with cashews. Thank you for sharing. Oh
Thanks! The cashews give this a wonderful creamy texture!