Sometimes a thick, creamy chowder just hits the spot! And when it does try this one and sub in any veggies you want – broccoli, corn, bell pepper, celery, carrots…
This is great for making on Sunday and pre-portioning for lunch each day of the week! You can also let the soup cool and then put it in a freezer safe container for a quick and easy freezer meal.
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced into 1/2" cubes
- 2 1/2 c veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup almond milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp quinoa flour or flour of your choice
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add 2 Tbsp of veggie broth to a soup stock pot and set over medium-high heat. Once broth is hot add onion, and minced garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions have softened.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and cook for 1 more minute.Then add 1/2 cup veggie broth and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Transfer 3/4 cup of the potato/onion mixture to a food processor and add 3/4 cup almond milk. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, 2 cups veggie brother, paprika, and chili powder to stock pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce to medium-low heat.
- Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour together in a small bowl together and then add to the stock pot.
- Lastly, add the pureed mixture to the stock pot and mix together.
- Garnish with chives or parsley for that perfect orange/green contrast!