Mesquite Black Bean Burgers
A smoky, whole food, plant-based black bean burger recipe with corn, sweet potatoes, quinoa and packed with flavorful spices.Print Pin
Servings: 6 patties
- 1 Chia Egg 1T Chia seeds + 3T Water
- 1/2 cup Cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 15oz. can Black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chapped
- 1/2 cup Sweet potato cooked & mashed
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Make the chia egg in a small bowl by mixing together the chia seeds & water in a small bowl and letting sit for 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Use a potato masher, back of a spoon, or fork to mash the beans. Ensure almost all the black beans are mashed and all ingredients are mixed well.
- Form the patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer.
- From here you can either cook them right away or put the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the patties have completely frozen pop them off the sheet and throw them in a freezer ziplock back. Store them in the freezer and cook them later for a quick, easy, and healthy meal.
- If you are cooking the patties now set your oven to 350° and place the patties in a single layer on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. The longer they bake the firmer they become so if you are serving these as a burger between a bun, it is better to bake them longer.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @whollyplantsblog on Instagram and hashtag it #whollyplants