Although picking a favorite dessert is nearly impossible, after much contemplation I’d say that chocolate-covered strawberries takes the cake (pun intended ha!). Since it might be frowned upon by most to have chocolate-covered strawberries for breakfast, a few modifications fixed that problem. Now you can enjoy that delectable chocolate-strawberry flavor in chia pudding form for breakfast, as a snack or just whenever you feel like responsibly eating chocolate-covered strawberries.
If you’re also a chocolate and strawberry combo lover, this treat is right up your alley. It has only 5 ingredients and is as simple as it gets! You can do most of the prep work the night before and wake up to a ready-in-minutes, dangerously delicious breakfast.
This recipe makes 2 servings (the jar in the photos contains both servings). I recommend adding as many diced strawberries and chocolate chips as you like. I prefer lots as I like the differing textures rather than all pudding. You can also add granola, sliced bananas, ground flaxseed, chopped nuts, seeds, etc.. Have fun with it and enjoy your dessert for breakfast!
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 4 large strawberries rinsed, topped
- 8 dates pitted
- 2 Tbsp cacao or cocoa
- strawberries, chocolate chips, granola, chopped nuts, seeds, etc. toppings
- Combine chia seeds and 1 cup of non-dairy milk in a container and mix. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Place 4 strawberries, dates and 1/4 cup non-dairy milk in food processor and process until smooth. Stop to scrape down sides as needed.
- After chia seeds have set in refrigerator for 3+ hours, remove and stir well with a spoon. Combine the chia seeds, pureed strawberry and date mixture and cocoa powder. Stir thoroughly.
- Add toppings as desired.