When I think of fried pickles with ranch the first thing that comes to mind is bar food. Fortunately for everyone who enjoys some fried pickles with their beverage, we have a much healthier (yet equally delicious) alternative. These air fried pickles are dipped in a whole wheat flour/ground flaxseed breading and airfried to golden perfection. Then for optimal enjoyment, we recommend dipping them in our bomb dairy-free ranch dip. *Mic drop*
The breading on these pickles negates the need for coating them with oil. Unfortunately you do still have to coat the bottom rack with oil so the pickles don’t stick to it. To make the breading you simply combine the flour, ground flax, soy milk, water, and spices and mix everything together. Then dip the pickles in the breading, air fry them at 370’F for 12 minutes, and enjoy immediately.
When we get the air fryer out we love to make an evening of it. We air fry these pickles, Cauliflower Hot Wings, and cut up some sweet potatoes and do fries. The ranch and the breading for the pickles is the same for the cauliflower wings so we normally make a double match and fry, fry, fry!
These fried pickles are best when enjoyed immediately as they will begin to get soft after sitting out. Although if you have leftovers, don’t throw them out! Store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat them place them on a pan and reheat in the oven on broil for just a few minutes – they will crisp back up perfectly!
Air Fried Pickles with Dairy-Free Ranch
- 30-40 pickle slices
- Place all breading ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. After a few minutes the breading will thicken.
- Using a paper towel, rub oil on the air fryer rack to prevent pickles from sticking.
- Pat pickle slices dry with a paper towel. Dip each pickle slice in the breading so they are completed coated, letting the excess breading drip off. I use a fork or my fingers to do this.
- Place coated pickles on the air fryer rack, being careful that they do not touch. Air fry at 370'F for 12 minutes.
- Place all ranch dip ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Once cooked, remove pickles from air fryer and enjoy immediately with ranch dip.