A simple, whole-grain and fluffy pancake recipe in honor of another successful year of maple syrup-ing in Waterloo, Indiana. Now available on Amazon: Pure Indiana Maple Syrup.
This maple syrup is (partially) harvested from our parents’ woods behind their house. Trees all around the woods are tapped (doesn’t hurt the trees) and an intricate tubing system delivers the sap to one collecting tank. The sap is then transported to the “sugar house”. There it’s boiled down to maple syrup, which by the way smells ridiculously amazing!
The highlight of every Saturday/Sunday morning for us is the killer breakfasts we always make. Pancakes are a typical go-to and these 5-ingredient blueberry pancakes are frequently in the line-up. They’re ridiculously delicious (fluffy, light, fruity). They’re ridiculously simple (5-ingredients, 15ish minutes, 1 bowl). And (bonus!) they gives us an excuse to breakout the pure Indiana maple syrup. It’s a win, win, win.
Looking for other ways to use your Indiana pure maple syrup? Last year we celebrated the season with Sweet-sweet potatoes. Other great options are our Sunday Pancakes, Dessert for Breakfast Chocolate Pancakes, and Weekend Waffles.
5-Ingredient Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy milk unflavored, unsweetened
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add soy milk and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop large smoothfuls of batter on the hot skillet and use the back of the skillet to spread out the batter. Drop blueberries into the pancakes while the batter is still wet.
- Cook for approximately three minutes, flip, cook other side for an additional three minutes.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.