YES – just 3 steps! Cook the pasta, blend the dressing, and mix everything together. The end result is a yummy, colorful and filling meal or side-dish.
Due to the beautiful mix of colors, this is one of those recipes that I first find myself eating with my eyes. And my eyes say YUM! ??? This variety of colors also means a variety of nutrients. WIN-WIN! ??
What’s so great about these colorful veggies?
Let’s first start with broccoli. While I try not to play favorites, this veggie is hard NOT to put at the top of the all-star-veggie-list! As many know, this green veggie has a TON of healthy reasons to eat it daily, if not multiple times a day. For starters, compounds in broccoli have been shown to be a promising anti-cancer agent. It also may help protect the brain, your eyesight, reduce allergy inflammation and control diabetes.
Red (or purple) cabbage, also in the calciferous veggie family, actually has nearly twice the antioxidant power when compared to broccoli. Not surprising – just look at the vibrant color! It’s also a very affordable veggie that can last for a long time in your crisper.
A crowd favorite – carrots – are known for their beta carotene content, often associated with eyes health. Zucchini has lots of water and some filling fiber.
All veggies have a mix of nutrients, which is why it’s important to get a variety and to rely on whole foods for nutrients, rather than supplements.
The second steps of this recipe involves throwing the dressing ingredients into our most-used appliance – the food processor (*note this is an affiliate link). Simply toss everything in and blend. Now feast your eyes on that smooth and creamy pour! ???
This pasta salad can be enjoyed right away or refrigerated for a few hours before serving. It makes for a great get-together dish because you can prepare it before-hand. As it sits in the fridge the flavors will come together nicely. You may find yourself enjoying the leftovers more than the first serving!
Looking to stock up on chickpea pasta? Here’s an option (*note this is an affiliate link) with just one ingredient – chickpeas! Feel free to put that pasta to use with some of our other favorite pasta dishes: Pesto Pasta Salad, One-Pot Pasta, The Creamiest Mac & Cheese
3-Step Thai Peanut Pasta Salad
- Food Processor
- 1/4 cup peanut butter all natural
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 2 whole peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 8 oz chickpea rotini pasta
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- top with sesame seeds optional
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package (add pasta to boiling water and cook for 7 to 9 minutes). Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water. Place pasta in the refrigerator while preparing the dressing and salad veggies.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. *Add water ~1 tablespoon at until you reach the desired dressing consistency.
- Combine cooled pasta, veggies, and dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Top with sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.
2 thoughts on “3-Step Thai Peanut Pasta Salad”
How much of the pasta salad is in one serving size?
Hi Miya! One serving is about one cup.