We love coming across new and fun ways to enjoy veggies. And an added bonus, when eating these spring rolls, they make you feel pretty darn fancy!
Feel free to use the recipe below or adjust based on what’s in your fridge. Leftover Easy Tahini Sauce or Thai Peanut Sauce work great as a dip as well. Any veggies can be added: diced onions, bell peppers, cucumbers or rutabaga strips. If you have leftover baked tofu around, these can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes!
If it’s your first time working with spring roll wrappers it may take one or two tries, but you’ll master it in no time. Be sure to dip the rice paper for no more than 10 seconds. They will still be a little firm but will soften up as you add the filling. Immersing them in water for too long can result in overly soft wrappers that tear easily.
The rice paper can be found at most groceries in the oriental section. I’m able to find them at both Kroger and Walmart, usually tucked away on the bottom shelf. If you can find brown rice wrappers – great! – if not, white rice wrappers are a-okay.
Sunflower butter can be found with other nut butters. It’s especially handy to keep around as an alternative for those with a peanut allergy. If dates are a new ingredient in your kitchen, check out our date post.
Tofu Spring Rolls with Spicy Sunflower Dipping Sauce
Sunflower Dipping Sauce
Spring Roll Ingredients
- 3 carrots, cut into 2-3 inch strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 .66 ounce container fresh basil leaves optional
- any other veggies you'd like! rutabaga, bell peppers, zucchini, etc.
- 12 spring roll rice papers
- Wrap tofu in paper towel or clean dish towel and place a heavy object on top to weigh it down with for 20 minutes.
- To make marinade, whisk together tamari, sriracha and garlic powder.
- Unwrap tofu and slice into 3-4 inch strips. Place in a shallow container and add marinade. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer marinated tofu to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle leftover marinade over tofu and bake for 20 minutes, flipping tofu strips after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Sunflower Dipping Sauce
- Combine all the sunflower dipping sauce ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
Spring Roll Assembly
- Dip wrapper in warm water. Lay flat and add (about) 2 tofu strips, 3 carrot strips, 1/4 cup shredded cabbage, a small handful of spinach, 2 basil leaves and any other veggies you like to the center of the rice paper. Fold sides inward and roll tightly.
- Enjoy spring rolls dipped in sunflower dipping sauce.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.