This is a great side dish, although sometimes I prefer that it be an entree. A great way to do this is to put it over a bed of leafy greens and then top it off with cooked lentils. Sometimes I also like to add some more balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette as the dressing. These flavors work so well together and this meal is loaded with so many different kinds of plants so it is micronutrient packed!
Roasted Balsamic Veggies
- 1 Butternut squash ~1" diced cubes
- 1 Acorn squash ~1" diced cubes (leave the skin on)
- 1-2 Sweet potatoes ~1" diced cubes
- 12 oz. Package Brussel Sprouts frozen
- 1 Onion Sliced into big chucks
- ~1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Pomegranate, seeds removed & cleaned optional
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup optional
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and maple syrup together if you would like to use maple syrup.
- Let brussel sprouts thaw or thaw them in the microwave.Toss squash, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and onion in balsamic vinegar/maple syrup mixture.
- Place veggies on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the oven. Leave in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and mix. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until veggies are roasted.
- Remove from the oven and mix pomegranate seeds in prior to serving.