This fancy looking finger-food is a plant-based twist on the typical veggie pinwheel roll-up. They’re great to serve at get-togethers or as a simple and filling lunch. Simply mix, roll and enjoy!
Instead of the typical high fat dairy products, the creaminess is achieved by blending tofu and cashews. These nutrient-rich foods – adding protein and healthy fats – make for a satisfying end product!
A recent research article offers a great reminder of the benefits of enjoying plant foods in place of animal products. Researchers reviewed 41 articles and concluded that consuming a plant-based diet can decrease the risk of heart disease. The risk is decreased even if small amounts of animal products are consumed.. so all-or-nothing isn’t necessary!
Be sure to go for a sprouted grain or 100% whole grain tortilla. Whole grains don’t have the outer shell stripped away, meaning you don’t miss out on lots of nutrients, including filling fiber! Some of our favorite tortilla brands include..
- Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain tortilla
- Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted wheat tortillas
- Cedarlane Foods whole wheat tortillas
- Mountain Bread wraps
- Whole Foods tortillas
Any 100% whole grain tortilla is a pretty good choice. Most stores have a generic brand that’s very affordable!
We used this food processor to create this recipe (*affiliate link).
Plant-Based Veggie Pinwheel Roll-Ups
- Food Processor
- Combine tofu, cashews, lemon juice, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add about one tablespoon of water at a time until you reach a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Place blended spread into a medium bowl and add carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower. Mix until combined.
- Lay out one wrap. Place about half a cup of mix onto the wrap and spread it almost to the edges using the back of a spoon. Next roll the wrap up and then cut the wrap into 2" pieces.
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We use the products and ingredients that we link to and recommend them because we believe they are the best choice for you.